|Image from Gisela Giardino, under a|
CC BY-SA 2.0 license
So, here we go... our 5 top blog posts all about copyright!
- 16 Things about Copyright - This is a terrific overview of copyright from Graham McElearney - in it, he clarifies some aspects of copyright and gives examples plus points to consider. Well worth a read!
- Presentation: Copyright-safe media creation - From Pete Mella comes a video he put together which looked at creating media for educational assignments. What should you do? What shouldn't you do? What myths surround copyright? Pete covers them all in this handy presentation.
- 5 Great sources of Creative Commons images - This one's from me - and gives you some sites where you can find fantastic images for use in presentations / educational resources etc... and all without infringing copyright. Just respect the terms of the Creative Commons license and you're good to go!
- Problems with YouTube Content ID - Another one from Pete, and this time he's explaining the issue with using music from iLife on YouTube - and what to do if you receive an email which incorrectly says that you've infringed copyright.
- Finding copyright safe materials for video editing - It's Pete again! This time he's sharing his tips on how to find copyright-safe materials for use in video editing - from sound to images... and even some ideas on how to create your own materials.